Read more at www.nypost.comBad breaks push Barber back to football
By PAUL SCHWARTZ
Last Updated: 10:02 AM, May 5, 2011
Posted: 2:40 AM, May 5, 2011
The emptiness paralyzed Tiki Barber to the point where getting out of bed to face the day was overwhelming. One of the greatest New York Giants of them all barely could move.
There was no drive, no incentive, no reason to go anywhere, be anywhere. No real purpose to serve. Tiki Barber, his football exploits ended by his own accord, his marriage dissolving and his television career in tatters, was melting down.
"I thought, not that I had it all figured out, I thought that I had the right plan," Barber said yesterday in an exclusive interview with The Post. "The problem with thinking and believing wholeheartedly that you have the right plan is if you're wrong, you've gone all-in. And then when that falls by the wayside, you're stuck, like I was. I won't say depressed, but it's kind of like I was depressed. I was still social, interacting with people, but I didn't FEEL anything."
The man who believed to his very core that he had squeezed everything he ever needed out of football is now pulling an end-around, for the sake of feeling something again. Four years removed from his last NFL rushing attempt and light years removed from the seemingly perfect life he had designed for himself, Barber at age 36 and admittedly humbled some, is again putting his body through the grind to prepare for another season.
Visits
Thursday, May 5, 2011
Bad breaks push Barber back to football
Amplify’d from www.nypost.com
See this Amp at http://amplify.com/u/a11l0l
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment